SkyTOP Technologies Ltd is a company incorporated and registered in Kenya in 2006. Our core business is the development of software solutions for the building and construction industry, the manufacturing industry, and the education sector. Our solutions seek to enhance the adoption and use of Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Building Information Modeling (BIM) software programs by professionals in these sectors (architects, engineering, design, surveying etc), and students and trainers in education and training institutions (high schools, TVETS and universities).
One of our premier products is SkyTOP DemosCAD- a software program built around Autodesk AutoCAD- the most widely used CAD software program in the world. Through SkyTOP DemosCAD, we intend to let professionals and students around the world become We are currently undergoing a restructuring and expansion programme in order to tap opportunities that are available in the targeted sectors. Consequently, we seek to recruit a highly skilled and result-oriented individual to fill the following key position within our organization.
Architect (1 Posts)
SkyTOP Technologies Ltd is looking for talented Architect to join our Technical support and development Team. In this role, you will work directly with subject matter experts to drive the development of internal facing content including 3d models, fly through animation, visualization, and other architectural designs. You will also help improve processes for content development and delivery, and work to ensure consistency and standardization across all materials.
The ideal candidate will be a self driven, independent, extremely resourceful and versatile Architectural Designer looking to jump into a fast-paced organization where you can immediately contribute to our business growth. Your style is team-oriented and you will have no problem working independently.
- Coordinate and Produce Architectural drawings & Content in an accurate and conforms to standards and regulations set by the Line Manager.
- Analyze content submitted by the subject matter experts through the SkyTOP Developer Network
- Develop and analyze Simulation models for use in the SkyTOP DemosCAD Products.
- Provide product awareness services in all relevant spheres of SkyTOP DemosCAD Products.
- Assist other CAD engineers, Technicians, Product Development (IT) and Sales Department staff in the provision of complete solutions to specific applications.
- Participate in Quality assurance of SkyTOP DemosCAD Products
- Write reports and technical literature
- Performs a variety of marginal duties not listed, to be determined and assigned as needed by the Technical Manager. This may include occasional field visits.
- Contributing to planning applications and other regulatory application procedures;
- Meeting with other professionals and clients at an early stage to agree on the project brief concerning DemosCAD Build.
- Understanding how the design aspects of a construct project influence and relate to performance and functional issues so that practical questions can be addressed at the outset;
- Producing, analyzing and advising on detailed specifications for suitable materials or processes to be used;
- Carrying out design-stage risk assessments;
- Developing project briefs and working on these as the project progresses;
- preparing and presenting design proposals using computer-aided design (CAD) and traditional drawing methods;
- leading the detailed design process and coordinating design information;
- Managing the work of trainee technologists and contributing to the overall running of business;
- Ability to meet set deadlines
- Ability to produce and deliver quality work
- Ability to function as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to be a team player
- Ability to learn the working environment at a quick pace
- Bachelors’ degree in Architecture or equivalent from an accredited University and with 80% knowledge in usage and application of tools and commands for AutoCAD and Revit
- A Master’s Degree in the relevant fields with 80% knowledge in usage and application of tools and commands in AutoCAD and other relevant Autodesk product will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years’ professional experience using and supporting Autodesk products.
- Ability to coordinate and network effectively
- Excellent computer skills, especially in word processing and spreadsheets,
- Must be able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Possess a certificate of good conduct
- Possess a clearance certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Original Certificate
- Original Transcript
- Projects Portfolio
- Curriculum Vitae
Apply by January 31, 2019