DemosCAD Civil 3D is a skill-based DEMONSTRATION application that helps users to master all the tools and commands in AutoCAD Civil 3D software products. It’s built around Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D Software, with Demonstration Videos and text Overview Explanation in form of pdf for easy understanding of each tool & command. It also comes with project based Visual Resources for Comprehensive understanding by the user. Not only will DemosCAD Civil 3D act as your personal trainer, but also as a reference application for easy use of your AutoCAD Civil 3D Software. Thus it can be used by every AutoCAD Civil 3D user right from Beginners to Professionals.
Steps to easily maneuver around the DemosCAD Civil 3D application:
- Where only one tool option is provided, clicking on the tool once instantly opens a demo on how to use the tool in AutoCAD Civil 3D software e.g. Wire tool.
- Double-clicking on the tool opens a window where you can get more information about the tool. You will also be able to find various ways that you can use to carry out a task with the tool. A user can print the procedures for reference when trying out similar tasks in AutoCAD Civil 3D software.
- Right-clicking the tool opens a project file in AutoCAD Civil 3D software to let the user try out similar tasks using AutoCAD Civil 3D software. The project file is the same as the one used in the demo but it is a read-only file. (NB- To open the project file, you will need to have AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 or later versions installed in your Computer).
- Demonstration Tab that contains various methods of using the tool in AutoCAD Civil 3D software. You can select the options that you want to view.
- Procedures Tab that contains various methods for carrying out various tasks with the tool. You may print the procedures for reference when trying out similar tasks in AutoCAD Civil 3D software.
- Project Files Tab that links you to dwg files that were used for the demos in SkyTOP DemosCAD Civil 3D software. These AutoCAD Civil 3D files have similar settings as the files used in SkyTOP DemosCAD Civil 3D software and let you try similar tasks using AutoCAD Civil 3D software. Because they are read-only files, you cannot save any changes you make to them.
- If you are using any AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 or later releases, you will be able to learn about new features that have been added in those releases. Through the What’s New tab in the Applications Window, you will learn about the new features in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012, AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013, AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014, AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 and AutoCAD Civil 3D 2016. This will ensure that you are up to task with any of these releases.
- SkyTOP DemosCAD Civil 3D can also be used by instructors and trainers for teaching purposes. Trainers and instructors at college level may use the Demos and Simulations Tab in DemosCAD Civil 3D to demonstrate to their students how things work in the real world. For example, instructors in Civil 3D Installation workshop can use the inbuilt Demos to show how a real house installation is done.
1.What is AutoCAD Civil 3D?
Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D, part of the Autodesk solution for Digital Prototyping, is a software for controls designers, purpose-built to create and modify Civil 3D control systems. It contains all the functionality of AutoCAD, plus a comprehensive set of tools for automating control engineering tasks, such as building circuits, numbering wires, and creating bills of material. AutoCAD Civil 3D provides a library of more than 700,000 Civil 3D symbols and components, includes real-time error checking, and enables Civil 3D and Civil 3D teams to collaborate on digital prototypes built with Autodesk® Inventor® software. AutoCAD Civil 3D offers control engineers a competitive edge by helping save hours of effort, so they can spend more time innovating.
2. Who uses AutoCAD Civil 3D Software?
All those in the Civil 3D field, ranging from students to Professionals can take advantage of features and solutions offered by AutoCAD Civil 3D to design and better communicate with other Engineers.