SkyTOP DemosCAD- which is essentially the ‘Demos AutoCAD’- is a skills-based software solution that enables users to become skilled in AutoCAD software so that they may realize their design ideas. The software demonstrates the tools and commands of Autodesk AutoCAD software within an interface similar to that of Autodesk AutoCAD thereby letting design professionals and CAD drafters work with AutoCAD like experts.
The command tools in DemosCAD are the same tools found in Autodesk AutoCAD software program. They are also located in the same position as they are in AutoCAD. This similarity lets users easily identify and locate the tools in AutoCAD after learning how to work with them in DemosCAD. A person working with AutoCAD can also seamlessly transit to DemosCAD while in the middle of a design project to quickly see how a tool that he is struggling with works and easily return back toAutoCAD to continue with the project.
Steps to easily maneuver around the DemosCAD application:
- Where only one tool option is provided, clicking on the tool once instantly opens a demo on how to use the tool in AutoCAD software e.g. Wire tool.
- Double-clicking on the tool opens a window where you can get more information about the tool. You will also be able to find various ways that you can use to carry out a task with the tool. A user can print the procedures for reference when trying out similar tasks in AutoCAD software.
- Right-clicking the tool opens a project file in AutoCAD software to let the user try out similar tasks using AutoCAD software. The project file is the same as the one used in the demo but it is a read-only file. (NB- To open the project file, you will need to have AutoCAD 2012 or later versions installed in your Computer).
- Demonstration Tab that contains various methods of using the tool in AutoCAD software. You can select the options that you want to view.
- Procedures Tab that contains various methods for carrying out various tasks with the tool. You may print the procedures for reference when trying out similar tasks in AutoCAD software.
- Project Files Tab that links you to dwg files that were used for the demos in SkyTOP DemosCAD software. These AutoCAD files have similar settings as the files used in SkyTOP DemosCAD software and let you try similar tasks using AutoCAD software. Because they are read-only files, you cannot save any changes you make to them.
- If you are using any AutoCAD 2012 or later releases, you will be able to learn about new features that have been added in those releases. Through the What’s New tab in the Applications Window, you will learn about the new features in AutoCAD 2012, AutoCAD 2013, AutoCAD 2014, AutoCAD 2015 and AutoCAD 2016. This will ensure that you are up to task with any of these releases.
- SkyTOP DemosCAD can also be used by instructors and trainers for teaching purposes. Trainers and instructors at college level may use the Demos and Simulations Tab in DemosCAD to demonstrate to their students how things work in the real world. For example, instructors in Installation workshop can use the inbuilt Demos to show how a real house installation is done.
1. What is AutoCAD?
Autodesk® AutoCAD®, part of the Autodesk solution for Digital Prototyping, is a software for controls designers, purpose-built to create and modify control systems. It contains all the functionality of AutoCAD, plus a comprehensive set of tools for automating control engineering tasks, such as building circuits, numbering wires, and creating bills of material. AutoCAD provides a library of more than 700,000 symbols and components, includes real-time error checking, and enables and teams to collaborate on digital prototypes built with Autodesk® Inventor® software. AutoCAD offers control engineers a competitive edge by helping save hours of effort, so they can spend more time innovating.
2. Who uses AutoCAD Software?
All those in the field, ranging from students to Professionals can take advantage of features and solutions offered by AutoCAD to design and better communicate with other Engineers.