SkyTOP Technologies Ltd is a company incorporated and registered in Kenya in 2006. Our core business is the development of software solutions for the building and construction industry, the manufacturing industry, and the education sector. Our solutions enhance the adoption and use of Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Building Information Modeling (BIM) software programs by professionals in these sectors (architects, engineering, design, surveying etc), and students and trainers in education and training institutions (high schools, TVETS and universities).
One of our premier products is SkyTOP DemosCAD- a software program that seeks to let design professionals and learners at education institutions around the world become passionate and proficient in Autodesk AutoCAD- the most widely used CAD software program in the world. Through SkyTOP DemosCAD, we expect to generate millions of dollars by providing innovative solutions that address the skills gap that exists within AutoCAD users around the world.
In order to tap on these opportunities, we are currently undertaking a restructuring and comprehensive expansion programme. Consequently, we seek to recruit a highly skilled and result-oriented individual to fill the following key position within our organization
You will ideally have a consulting mindset to understand Computer Aided Design and Engineering challenges in order to develop and implement leading edge solutions in our Company. You will also work with our sales staff to understand our client’s requirements in their local region and deliver solutions to our clients in Kenya and beyond. As part of a services organization, excellent communication and customer service are required. The position will report to Director, Special Projects and Consultancy.
As a Technical Consultant, you will create impact by contributing to both pre-sales and post-sales initiatives:
- Working closely with customers to assist in defining technology and process solutions related to DemosCAD and other solutions from SkyTOP.
- Providing consulting services, including assessments and recommendations.
- Fulfilling technology and workflow presentations.
- Delivering software and industry-related technical presentations at seminars, workshops, conferences, user groups and client sites.
- Acting as a brand ambassador for SkyTOP and always seizing opportunities to increase SkyTOP Technologies’ visibility in the marketplace.
- Significant involvement in pre-sales proposals and customer communications
- Participating in needs assessments
- Working with sales executives and managers to prepare statements of work (SOWs)
- Maintaining an expert level understanding of relevant technologies and workflows
- Demonstrate proposed solutions & product overviews and relate them to the customer's needs.
- Develop and conduct professional presentations & demonstrations, and lead sales discussions with customers to generate sales of SkyTOP Technologies solutions.
- Serve as a principal resource for product performance feedback and product direction through customer needs and identified business opportunities.
- Influence product development and product direction through customer feedback and identified business opportunities.
- Develop long term customer relationships and achieve customer satisfaction goals
- with strategic and large customers such as universities, colleges and other cooperate organizations.
- Maintain and grow respected, trusted advisor relationships with customers and members of the SkyTOP Technologies sales team involved with the strategy and opportunities.
- Partner with sales representatives to assist in the development, management and execution on strategies and tactics for closing business.
- Support the success of SkyTOP Technologies agents by mentoring and training reseller personnel on technical sales activities and execution.
- Support internal sales and team learning through creation of sales content.
- Participate in company sponsored events and tradeshows to promote SkyTOP technologies’ solutions and the customer business issues they target.
- Actively involved in their industry's community through discussion groups and online/social mediums.
- Acts as an evangelist for SkyTOP Technologies solutions throughout the markets we serve.
- 40+ hours per week, with a high degree of flexibility. Deadline-driven
- Additional hours for travel and to successfully accomplish the goals of the job
- Travel is expected to be 40-60% based on project requirements
- Travel destinations will primarily be domestic, and occasionally abroad
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Architecture, Engineering (preferably Masters degree) and/or equivalent experience
- 5+ relevant technology implementation and work experience with Autodesk AutoCAD (mandatory) and any of the following Autodesk solutions: Autodesk Civil 3D, Autodesk Inventor or Autodesk Revit.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication, training/teaching, presentation, organization and self-discipline.
- Initiative with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively across multiple functions, departments, cultures, geographies and time zones
- Proven excellence in written & verbal communication & organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities under pressure.
As the holder, you will need to have the energy, enthusiasm, edge, and willingness to be open to new ideas. You will also need to be:
- Business Savvy and an opportunity seeker
- Enthusiastic with a passion for excellence
- Professional, honest, and ethical
Apply by January 31, 2019