SkyTOP Technologies Ltd is looking for a talented Infrastructure Support Engineer to join our Customer Support Team. In this role you will be responsible for Installation of server based software solutions. You will be tasked with developing support procedures and strategies for systems, networks, operating systems, applications development and solving complex problems. This role will also provide technical expertise and direction in support of system infrastructure and process improvements.
- Provide efficient customer support and identify opportunities to deliver a high level of customer experience and satisfaction on Infrastructure software, hardware, and network and cloud based related services.
- Administer relevant databases, server based applications, and identify opportunities for improving and streamlining systems to ensure their utility is continually improved to meet changing business needs. Ensure that system integrity and security meets SkyTOP Technologies requirements.
- Implementing, configuring and supporting Microsoft Windows and Linux Servers (including maintaining all server documentation)
- Manage DFS and File Server, share and folder permissions
- Log and assess all queries received, allocate priority and escalate the issues to appropriate staff members where necessary, to assist in managing resolution and turnaround.
- Obtain quotes and prepare requisitions on the purchase of software and hardware. Where necessary, arrange for repair of equipment to provide the required resources and keep hardware and software in optimal operating condition.
- Identify opportunities and plan for new features to improve the customer experience of key ICT products and services by analysing trends in support requests, analytics and technology trends.
- Identify and predict customer information needs to create documentation and develop user guides for internal and external audiences.
- Work in conjunction with Software Development and other technical teams to identify problem areas, for Continued Service Improvement
- Sound knowledge and experience with installation and troubleshooting, in Linux and Windows based network and server environments
- Evidence of well-developed problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal, written, organization and communication skills; must clearly communicate Systems related technical issues with customer/clients and management
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure
- BSc Information Technology, BSc Computer Science, BBIT, or related technical fields
- Experience in Windows and Linux Servers, Database technologies – MySQL, SQL, SQL Best Practices and Query Language, DNS, Hosts files, Servers and Systems Security, and Backup and Recovery techniques
- LAN/WAN infrastructures, protocols, and technologies
- Server and Router hardware deployment and management
- Familiarity with Network Topologies and overall infrastructure functionality
- Terminal Services