SkyTOP Technologies Ltd is a company incorporated and registered in Kenya in 2006. Our core business is the development of software solutions for the building and construction industry, the manufacturing industry and the education sector. Our solutions seek to enhance the adoption and use of Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Building Information Modeling (BIM) software programs by professionals in these sectors (architecture, engineering, design, survey etc.), students and trainers in education and training institutions (high schools, TVETS and universities).
One of our premier products is SkyTOP DemosCAD- a software program built around Autodesk AutoCAD- the most widely used CAD software program in the world. Through SkyTOP DemosCAD, we intend to let professionals and students around the world become passionate and skilled in Autodesk AutoCAD.
We are currently undergoing a restructuring and expansion programme in order to tap opportunities that are available in the targeted sectors. Consequently, we seek to recruit highly skilled and result-oriented individuals to fill the following key position within our organization.
Position: Full Stack Developers
SkyTOP Technologies LTD is looking for a hands-on full stack web developer who breathes and lives on technology and creates great web applications – from database schema design decision to tweaking CSS to maintaining the server side, you will have a hand in all levels of the software stack.
You should be able to develop and maintain functional and stable web applications to meet the company’s needs.
Qualifications for the Full Stack Developer Job
- Languages – PHP, Java, HTML5, CSS, SQL, XML
- Python programming is highly desired.
- Frameworks – jQuery, Node.js, laravel, yii, cake , codeigniter
- Databases – MySQL, NoSQL
- Database design and adequate knowledge of relational database systems, object oriented programming and web application development.
- Understanding of REST API/ JSON is a must
- Experience in e-commerce platforms, payment gateway integration & operations will be a big advantage especially, on content-heavy platforms.
- Ability to decipher and write complex database queries for analysis.
- Good to have knowledge of AWS Cloud Hosting, and Microsoft Azure
- Understanding of load balancing, scalability issues and their solutions
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Knowledge and experience with API development.
- Experience with App development is a plus
- Have built rich web UIs with React (and Redux) or similar frameworks.
- Know your way around web back-end technologies, like Python.
- Can implement good database design in a relational database
Full Stack Developer Job Responsibilities
- Designs and rewrites high profile, dynamic web applications
- Designs, develops server side API’s
- Building scalable websites and applications in PHP and MySQL database.
- Customizing and implementing open source tools
- Extending existing projects
- Preparing documentation for web development projects
- Creating website layout/user interfaces by using standard html/css practices
- Integrating data from various back-end services and databases
- Understanding of open source projects like Drupal, WordPress, SquareSpace, Magento (CE and EE), Shopify, BigCommerce, OpenCart, PrestaShop etc.
- Basic knowledge of search engine optimization process.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques and follow industry best practices.
Apply by January 31, 2019