SkyTOP Technologies Ltd is a company incorporated and registered in Kenya in 2006. Our core business is the development of software solutions for the building and construction industry, the manufacturing industry, and the education sector. Our solutions enhance the adoption and use of Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Building Information Modeling (BIM) software programs by professionals in these sectors (architects, engineering, design, surveying etc.), and students and trainers in education and training institutions (high schools, TVETS and universities).
One of our premier products is SkyTOP DemosCAD- a software program that seeks to let design professionals and learners at education institutions around the world become passionate and proficient in Autodesk AutoCAD- the most widely used CAD software program in the world. Through SkyTOP DemosCAD, we expect to generate business by providing innovative solutions that address the skills gap that exists within AutoCAD users around the world.
In order to tap on these opportunities, we are currently undertaking a restructuring and comprehensive expansion programme. Consequently, we seek to recruit a highly skilled and result-oriented individual to fill the following key position within our organization.
Director: Digital Sales and e-Commerce
The Director of Digital Sales and e-Commerce will primarily focus on web-based and online sales around the world. The holder will also lead regional teams, through both direct and indirect reporting lines, to achieve e-Commerce and inside sales objectives within the regions. These objectives include billings, subscriptions, customer traffic, customer conversion rates and experience. In addition, the holder will be responsible for identifying local platform improvements and developing and executing strategies and tactics that drive towards SkyTOP’s digital goals.
- Actively lead regional teams to achieve digital and ecommerce targets.
- Will facilitate cross-functional planning & execution globally, working closely with Channel Sales Directors, and Country Sales managers as well as Inside Sales leadership and Finance
- Partnering with Business Development, Marketing and Customer Support to understand customer needs and optimizing across the customer experience to deliver on the Billings and Seats goals
- Create a vision of how the team and/or local efforts should expand to drive continued growth
- Prioritize local needs based on effort and potential return to focus both regional resources as well as centralized teams in the areas that provide the most benefit to SkyTOP and our customers
- Regularly report on sales progress against targets while providing local insight
- Help develop and refine a forecasting process and cadence that gives appropriate insight to targets
- Making data-driven decisions, to optimize performance. You’ll work with the organization’s analytics, testing and optimization teams as well as others across the company to acquire and understand the data and your customer profile
- Developing and executing effective offers and promotions that align with overall strategy and drive incremental customer acquisition
- Working closely with Business Development and Customer Support to ensure customers and prospects get the type and level of assistance that is right for them
- Working with Product Management, Engineering, Web Publishing and Web Services to influence new features, functionality and web experiences
- Providing direct sales & e-Commerce expertise, thought leadership and vision
- Coaching and developing a great team of ecommerce and digital sales experts
- Relevant degree in IT and a Masters in Business Administration
- 10 years’ experience in B2B e-Commerce and direct business. Must have proven experience in promotions, merchandising, and creating effective customer web experience
- Sales experienceor close familiarity with the terminology and how sales teams work
- Strong communication skills and a highly collaborative approach. Communication is critical in this role. You listen, seek to understand, facilitate difficult conversations, communicate your vision, and are courageous with differing points a view. At times, you are willing to disagree and commit
- Data driven decision making skills. Must have keen analytics skills, especially with Site Catalyst and potentially Google Analytics. Will use data from multiple sources to drive meaningful decisions and actions
- Understanding and ability to manage key metrics, from traffic and purchase conversion to page load times. Thorough understanding of how each of these impacts one’s ability to meet goals and know how to influence them
- Business and Finance acumen. You regularly report against sales targets and understand the local elements that contribute to the business (both quantitative and qualitative)
- A reputation as a great team leaderwith experience managing remote employees. Your team members are in multiple locations across the region
- A “hands-on” management style. You are closely involved in the implementation, driving projects to execution. You have a strong sense of urgency and ownership to deliver commitments on time
- International experience. You understand local markets, especially where the transaction requirements are concerned. You also recognize the need to streamline for operational efficiency
- The courage and energy to perseverewhen systems or structure don’t support where we need to go. And the ability to find ways to do things while those systems and structures catch up with us
- Great English skills, both written and verbal
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
NB: Those currently earning less than KES 250,000.00 per month need not apply
Apply by January 31, 2019