SkyTOP Technologies Ltd is a company incorporated and registered in Kenya in 2006. Our core business is the development of software solutions for the building and construction industry, the manufacturing industry, and the education sector. Our solutions enhance the adoption and use of Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Building Information Modeling (BIM) software programs by professionals in these sectors (architects, engineering, design, surveying etc.), and students and trainers in education and training institutions (high schools, TVETS and universities).
One of our premier products is SkyTOP DemosCAD- a software program that seeks to let design professionals and learners at education institutions around the world become passionate and proficient in Autodesk AutoCAD- the most widely used CAD software program in the world. Through SkyTOP DemosCAD, we expect to generate business by providing innovative solutions that address the skills gap that exists within AutoCAD users around the world.
In order to tap on these opportunities, we are currently undertaking a restructuring and comprehensive expansion programme. Consequently, we seek to recruit a highly skilled and result-oriented individual to fill the following key position within our organization.
Director: Building Engineering Design Solutions (BEDS)
Experience and Academic Qualifications
- Must have obtained at least a Master’s degree in either, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or a Bachelor of Architecture from any recognized university
- Must have worked in a managerial position for at least 7 years
- Must have good communication skills
- Must have good organizational skills
- Must have good writing skills
- Must have good time management
- Must be Tech. (Computer) savvy(CAD/CAE/CAM) and other Autodesk Solution such as REVIT.
- Must be a team player
- Must be very familiar with the construction industry and construction technological trends
- Coordinating the BEDS team
- Projects management
- Preparing documentation and developing project plans with strict adherence to clients’ timelines
- Providing advice for Building and Engineering Design Solutions to clients’ needs
- Conducting feasibility studies for impending clients’ projects
- Approval of Building and Engineering Design concepts prior to implementation
- Coordinating the Research and Development arm of BEDS
- Working with the sales and marketing team in developing and presenting projects
- Working with the Business development team to produce Expression of Interest (EOI), Request for Proposals (RFP) and Tender documents
- Giving directions for the optimization of existing or planned solutions
- Building relationships with clients in the Architectural – Engineering – Construction (AEC) industry
- Taking charge of BEDS projects logistics
- Conducting training of BEDS staff
- Conducting and chairing regular departmental status check meetings with the BEDS team
- Conducting recruitment of staff as needs arise
- Reported quarterly review of BEDS targets
- Define the BEDs Long term goal and create their road map.
- Establishing and develop senior executive relationship with alliances, generating interest in SkyTOP offerings and successfully advocating for in and enablement of joint solutions.
- Directly lead, motivate and develop a talented team of BEDs to ensure quality assurance.
- Conduct research to improve SkyTOP technological asset i.e DemosCAD.
- Original Certificates
- Original Transcripts
- Evidence of Projects managed (Design Portfolio)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Evidence of membership of professional bodies.
- Attach current payslip
*If your current pay is less than Kshs 250,000 please do not apply.
Apply by January 31, 2019
Fill the form below to apply for the position.